Emefa is the middle name of my oldest daughter. This is an African name given to a girl. It is a name that is quite popular among the Ewe, Mina people of Togo and Ghana. The meaning of the name is “peace within” and speaks of the prince of peace coming to live in our heart. The only true and lasting peace to be found in this world is found in Jesus Christ.
Even before Jesus was born, it was
prophesied that he would bring peace (Isa. 9:6; Ps. 72:7).
At Jesus’ birth the heavenly host announced that he would bring peace to earth
Throughout Jesus’ ministry he brought peace to others.
1. He interpreted his preaching as a mission of peace (Luke 4:18).
2. He taught his disciples that they could know peace in a world of tribulation (John 16:33).
3. He instructed his disciples to spread peace (Luke 10:5).
4. In times of despair, he brought peace to his disciples (John 14:1 – 2).
5. He promised his disciples that the Holy Spirit would continue to bring them peace even after his departure (John 14:1 – 2).
Only those who are justified by faith in Christ possess everlasting peace (Rom. 5:1; Isa. 48:22).