Let me begin with the chorus of a beautiful song written by Heather Headley entitled Simply Redeemed:
While I was yet in my transgressions
Somebody paid the price for me
I offered up my life to Him
And now I say again
I am not perfect
We are simply redeemed. Look at what Paul says to this effect…
Ephesians 2:9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast. Here is an outline of this truth in chapter 1 of Eph.
HE BLESSED US – with every spiritual blessing. Whatsoever I need spiritually he has already provided.
HE CHOSE US – we were worthless when he chose us… if he loved you while you were playing in your dirt, how much more does he love you now that you belong to him? But, you must understand that his goal is that you become like him.
HE LOVED US – to shower his affection upon us!
HE PREDESTINED US – we have been set apart from our mother’s womb.
HE ADOPTED US AS SONS – looks like he enjoyed doing that (according to the purpose of his will).
HE REDEEMED US – paying the ultimate price… with lavished forgiveness
HE SEALED US – even for eternity… to spend it with him. 19, 11, 12, AND ESPECIALLY 13
Read the following notes from my ESV Bible Commentary on the word sealed
Eph. 1:13 Sealed can mean either that the Holy Spirit protects and preserves Christians until they reach their inheritance (see 4:30; 2 Cor. 1:22; 1 Pet. 1:5; Rev. 7:2–3) or that he “certifies” the authenticity of their acceptance by God as being genuine—they bear the “royal seal” (see John 3:33; Acts 10:44, 47). The first interpretation seems best here, though both ideas are biblically true.
I think if you are in Christ nobody – nothing can take you out his hand – John 10:28 “I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. You can rejoice today that as long as you are shielded by faith in Christ and covered by his blood you are going to be okay… just keep yourself in him.
Please join the discussion – I am but one voice… you can make the discussion more valuable by adding another perspective… thanks!
- Ephesians 1 (faithgirlsdiscipleship.wordpress.com)
- To the Praise of His Glory (estherslegacy.com)
- Life As God Defines It (intimategoddotorg.wordpress.com)
- Sealed With a Kiss (brokenbelievers.com)
- Redeemed by His Blood (valleybaptistlive.com)
- Ephesians 1 (thekingspresence.wordpress.com)
- “Sealed When You Believe” ( Ephesians 1: 13, ESV ) by Carley Evans (lambskinny.wordpress.com)
- Share your testimony so others can see how awesome GOD is! (mywalkwiththee.wordpress.com)
- Fear Not, For I Am With You (goldenbible.wordpress.com)