The graveyard is the riches place on earth, because it is here that you find all the hopes and dreams that were never fulfilled, the books that were never written, the songs that were ever sung, the inventions that were never shared, the cures that were never discovered, all because some one was too afraid to take that first step, keep with the problem, or decide to carry out their dreams.-Les Brown
What’s your hope and dream for your family?
How determined are you to see it come to fruition?
Every family needs Jesus as foundation of their home. Every family has to have a sense of mission and purpose at the heart of the home. Every family needs to have love, integrity and a good and balanced work ethic at the center of their lives. The lack of these qualities and a misguided sense of purpose have thrown many families in a downward spiral, failing to finish stronger than they started.
A lot of families are running after too many things that really don’t matter. They’ve forsaking the things that really do. As a result,
ministers, business and career minded men and women alike are leading successfully in ministry, and the marketplace, but failing miserably at home and in their relationships.
- What would it profit a minister to lead successfully in the ministry, yet fail at home?
- What would it profit a business man to lead successfully at his work, yet fail at home?
- What would it profit a career minded woman to successfully thrive in the marketplace, yet fail at home?
- he was in the mix
- he build his family on firm godly foundation
- he guided his family to stay true the what was most important
- he emphasized service to both God and men
- he established what was most important to him and to God
- he communicated a vision to follow God and led his family to do the same even if the world around him didn’t
- Lay the right foundations
- Learn from your mistakes
- Do the right thing
- Draw strength from The Lord
- Put Jesus at the center of your lives
- Invest time in your family
- Believe for the return of prodigal sons and daughters.
- Pray for miracles, and
- Trust the God will be true to his promises
It doesn’t matter where you are on this journey, what matters is you are on it, and you’ve made up your mind. What matters is that you are serving your family, trusting that you are doing the right thing, believing that God’s promise for your kids will come to pass, and boldly praying “as for me and my house we will serve the Lord.” I know this can happen – because nothing is impossible with the Lord.
All your children shall be taught by the Lord, and great shall be the peace of your children. (Isaiah 54:13 ESV)