And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God. 1 Sam. 30:6 KJV
There is going to come a time in your life when the world around you will seem to be caving in. Your closest friends, trusted colleagues and faithful brothers and sisters will all turn their backs on you. There is going to come a time in your life, when all hell will break loose over you. You will be hard-pressed from every side, and your enemy will seem to have gained the upper hand or advantage over you. And of course, Mondays will come around once a week to remind you that you are in a dead-end job, and nothing’s working. When that happens, you need to lay hands on yourself and encourage yourself in the Lord.
So, listen to this song and tell yourself the following:
- God is still on His throne and He’s got your back!
- My God is with me, I’m never giving up
- Help is on the way… weeping may endure for the night, but His joy is coming, my break-through is coming
- It’s not over until God says it’s over. He is not finished with me yet. My promotion is on the way
- This is not the end of my dreams, career, life, for with God all things are possible, there is no limit to what he can do
- I can do all things through Christ who gives me the strength
- If my God is for me, who could ever stop me… if my God is with me, who could ever stand against me?
Conclusion/ Let me Prophesy over you with these words:
Something is moving, turning around for you. Seasons are changing, everything is going to be alright. Here comes the sun, piercing the clouds. You’re closer than you think, closer than you’ve been before. Don’t give up, encourage yourself in the Lord.
Thanks for sharing this encouraging post in due season. Israel is one of my favorite artist, his music always puts me in a place of worship unto the Lord.
amen Walter! what great words of encouragement – and I love the song…sorry I didn’t get to read this until Friday….but then again, unless God calls me home today….I know there will be another Monday right? God bless you Walter!
Amen! Thanks Mark
Thanks so much for sharing this! I needed this encouragement today. :0)
You’re welcome Juliet… Stay blessed!
His mercies are new every morning. Monday too!
Yes, God is forever God..and He is My God!
P.S: I am so happy to see a KJV translation !
Hey Nykiah, thank you very much… I am glad you did.