I am starting a five-part new teaching series this Sunday at church. And just for curiosity sake, well, I should say, just to find some fun way to introduce the series, I decided to find out what people are saying about priorities on twitter using the #priorities.
I don’t know if I will use these, but reading them just re-enforces the fact that many of us have misplaced priorities. I am reminded of a powerful C. S. Lewis quote –
When first things are put first, second things are not suppressed but increased.
Defining what the most important things are in life – through God’s word, is the single most important thing we can ever do. One, it helps us not only to focus on those things, but also pursue them as if our lives depended on them. Moses’ prayer is a great example of that kind of life – Psalm 90:12 –
Lord teach us to number our days that we may gain a heart of wisdom.
Pray for me. That I will be able to communicate the heart of God over these next five weeks. I told the church that this will be the best messages they will ever hear me preach. So they all fired up.
In any event, here is what some are saying about priorities on twitter:
- When your dads going to the Lebron Playoff Basketball game and not his own daughters soccer game
- Everyone’s doing homework in the library and I’m sitting on my computer watching the bachelor
- If I ever go missing I hope my friends and family have some good pictures for the news
- Krispy Kreme has a drive thru.. so now I don’t even have to get out of my car to get a donut
- Instead of writing our paper, my friend and I are sitting here watching goat videos
- Getting drunk is fun until you receive a C instead of an A and ten years down the road you are not where you want to be in life
- I just sat in the parking lot at west side debating whether to go to class….. I’m on my way to the mall
- Painted my nails instead of doing schoolwork.
- I hate turning down invites to go out!
- My dad has enough money for Vegas and a new tattoo but none for the things i need? Wow! okay
Finally, my personal best tweet on priority:
If God is second to your girl, leave the girl to make God first!
– that a boy…
Brother Walter I will surely keep you in prayer as you prepare for this teaching. It sounds like a great teaching wish I could be there. There is so much that people put first and the intranet is one of them. I understand we use it for many things and I do as well. but the Lord had to deal with me last year about the amount of time I was on it. After I was rebuked about what I was doing I don’t spend much time on it anymore. He had to show me what I was to do and than log off and don’t get back on until the next day. The net is a powerful tool and yet it can be the devil to us if we allow it. I pray when your teaching come forth that it sets many people free..because I do believe we spend way to much time wasting on the net when we could be doing other things which is a must. God bless you