We hear it all the time
The check is in the mail. I’ll start my diet tomorrow. We service what we sell. Give me your number and the doctor will call you right back. Money cheerfully refunded. One size fits all. This offer limited to the first 100 people who call in. Your luggage isn’t lost, it’s only misplaced. Leave your résumé and we’ll keep it on file. This hurts me more than it hurts you. I just need five minutes of your time. Your table will be ready in a few minutes. Open wide, it won’t hurt a bit. Let’s have lunch sometime. It’s not the money, it’s the principle. But it all a lie. Cute little phrases people use to disguise their lie.
Today I would like to introduce an outline of 10 lies about God, faith and life. Ten lies cunningly twisted and crafted to cause you to doubt and question you faith, God and yourself. I am very sure that there are many more lies out there, but I want to share a list of just 10 of them. Maybe you can help me build the list.
Here they are
1. People get sick because God makes them sick
2. Every tornado, earthquake and tsunami is an instrument in God’s hand to punish unbelievers
3. You are damaged goods and you will never overcome your flaws, blemishes and weaknesses.
4. When you sin just forget about restoration and future ministry because you are disqualify. God will never use again.
5. If you feel like your prayers are hitting the ceiling and falling to your face than they are not working
6. God is in a bad mode
7. You are not talented or gifted
8. You are useless and will never make an impact or a difference
9. You should never prosper. Money is not for christians. They can only be poor and just do the Lord’s work
10. God will punish you if you ever took a risk